Comparaison des études électrophysiologiques transoesophagienne et endocavitaire dans l’évaluation pronostique des syndromes de préexcitation ventriculaire - Université de Lorraine Access content directly
Master Thesis Year : 2015

Comparison of Transesophageal and Intracardiac Electrophysiological Studies in the Prognostic Assessment of Preexcitation Syndromes: A Prospective Single-Centre Study

Comparaison des études électrophysiologiques transoesophagienne et endocavitaire dans l’évaluation pronostique des syndromes de préexcitation ventriculaire

Julie Vincent
  • Function : Author
  • PersonId : 762168
  • IdRef : 156378604

Abstract

BACKGROUND: Preexcitation syndrome (PS) is a potential cause of sudden cardiacdeath (SCD). Its prognostic assessment is therefore a major issue.OBJECTIVE: The aim of our study was to assess the prognostic performance oftransesophageal electrophysiological study (EPS) compared to intracardiac EPS in PS.METHODS: Any patient referred to the University Hospital of Nancy, France between2008 and 2014, who underwent both transesophageal and intracardiac EPS for a PS,was prospectively included. The endpoints were the measurement of accessory pathway effective refractory period (AP ERP) (risk of SCD when ? 250ms at baseline or ? 200 on isoproterenol) and the induction of sustained supraventricular tachyarrhythmias (SVTs).RESULTS: 69 patients were included (mean age 31 years, males 65%). AP ERPs weresignificantly shorter at transesophageal EPS compared to intracardiac EPS, whether it isat baseline (268ms versus 304ms, p=0.002) or on isoproterenol (229ms versus 281ms,p=0.010). There was no significant difference in the induction of SVTs. The sensitivity of transesophageal EPS in prognostic assessment was 88% at baseline and 100% onisoproterenol. The area under ROC curve predicting the prognostic performance oftransesophageal EPS was 0.74. 49% of patients had a shorter AP ERP (? 40ms ofdifference) at transesophageal EPS compared to intracardiac EPS at baseline. AP ERPdecreased significantly less on isoproterenol at transesophageal EPS in these patientscompared to the other 51% of patients with similar AP ERPs (29ms versus 50ms,p=0.042).CONCLUSION: Transesophageal EPS is a reliable and sensitive method of prognosticassessment in patients with PS. There might be an increased adrenergic factor due tostress during transesophageal EPS
INTRODUCTION : L’évaluation pronostique du syndrome de préexcitation ventriculaire (SPV) – cause potentielle de mort subite (MS) – constitue un enjeu majeur. Le but De notre étude était d’évaluer les performances de l’étude électrophysiologique (EEP) transoesophagienne comparée à l’EEP endocavitaire dans cette indication.MÉTHODE : Tous les patients ayant eu une EEP transoesophagienne et endocavitaire entre 2008 et 2014 au Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Nancy pour SPV ont été inclus prospectivement. Les critères de jugement étaient la période réfractaire effective (PRE) de la voie accessoire (risque de MS si ? 250ms à l’état de base ou ? 200 s isoprotérénol) et l’induction de tachyarthmies supraventriculaires (TSV) soutenues.RÉSULTATS : 69 patients ont été inclus ( moyenne d’âge 31 ans, 65% d’hommes ). Les PRE étaient significativement plus courtes par mesure oesophagienne en comparaison à la mesure endocavitaire, que ce soit à l’état de base (268ms versus 304ms, p=0.002) ou sous isoprotérénol (229ms versus 281ms, p=0.010). Il n’y avait pas de différence significative en terme d’induction de TSV. La sensibiblité de l’EEP transoesophagienne dans l’évaluation pronostique était de 88% à l’état de base et 100% sous isoprotérénol. L’aire sous la courbeROC prédisant la performance pronostique de ’EEP oesophagienne était de 0,74. 49% des patients avaient une PRE plus courte (? 40 de différence) par voie transoesophagienne que par voie endocavitaire à l’état de base. Le raccourcissement des PRE sous isoprotérénol à l’EEP oesophagienne était significativement moindre chez ces patients que chez les 51% autres avec PRE similaires (29ms versus 50ms, p=0.042).CONCLUSION : L’EEP transoesophagienne est une méthode performante et sensible d’évaluation pronostique des SPV. Il existe probablement un facteur adrénergique accru lié au stress pendant l’EEP transoesophagienne
No file

Dates and versions

hal-01770655 , version 1 (19-04-2018)

Identifiers

  • HAL Id : hal-01770655 , version 1

Intranet access

Cite

Julie Vincent. Comparaison des études électrophysiologiques transoesophagienne et endocavitaire dans l’évaluation pronostique des syndromes de préexcitation ventriculaire. Sciences du Vivant [q-bio]. 2015. ⟨hal-01770655⟩
18 View
0 Download

Share

Gmail Facebook X LinkedIn More